The 2020 Ontario Winter Games are February 27-29th at Georgian College, in Barrie.
A full information package is available below for attending athletes. Some important highlights:
- Arrival is Thursday the 27th around lunch time. Departure is on Saturday the 29th.
- Sarnia athletes will leave Saturday, and must clear their rooms before attending the venue on Saturday morning.
- Registration is at Georgian College on Thursday, and must be completed before checking-in at the Hotel.
- Cancellations will be penalized $250 in addition to forfeiting the initial $170 entry fee.
- The OWG are considered the provincial championships for cadets, and are used for discount pricing to nationals.
- There are many rules for coaches at the games. If you are a coach planning to attend the games, please read the information package in full.
- For athletes: podium presentations have a strict dress code that boils down to: no street clothes/no jeans. Wear your team warmup. Failure to comply could mean you do not receive your medal.
- For athletes: Bring Photo ID to Registration.
The package below includes many other great pieces of information, including guidelines for parents/attendees. If you are at all planning to attend, please read the following package. And of course: have fun! It was a great time when I went as an athlete back in 1998, and I’m sure it’s only gotten better since.