The OAWA has provided more details about the 2016 Canada Summer Games.
Attachment: 2016 Ontario Summer Games Full Info Package
The Summer Games Wrestling event is for OAWA registered athletes in the Bantam (born 2002-2003) and Cadet (born 2000-2001) age classes.
The Games Dual meet teams will compete using the following custom weight classes. These have been designed to take into consideration athletes’ growth and potential growth for 2017 Canada Games. We encourage that coaches and athletes consider this at their qualifying event. Can the athlete make weight in the summer? There will be no allowance. Weigh ins are Thursday evening, the night before the duals. If an athlete does not make it they are eliminated.
Girls: 36- 40, 44, 48, 52, 57, 63, 69, 75, 81.
Boys: 36- 40, 44, 48, 52, 57, 63, 69, 75, 81. 88, 115kg.
Key Dates and Deadlines
- March 5th to March 31st selection of coaches (3)
- April 10 Regional head coach to have qualifier pamphlet posted on OAWA web site
- May 21st to June 4th – Region hosts the qualifier
- June 7th to July 29th – Region hosts at least one practice camp for team members
- Aug 11th to 13th – Ontario Summer Games in Mississauga